Register
Reply To Thread
  • 10/14/2011
Well, getting her ready for the install. Fresh from the machine shop!
  • 10/14/2011
just changed the oil.
  • 10/14/2011
continued on my engine reinstall, hope to have everything finished this weekend...
EDITED on 10/14/2011 : bad link
  • 10/14/2011
Originally posted by MoparDSM
Well, getting her ready for the install. Fresh from the machine shop!
Damn that's nice. What exactly was done @ the machine shop? Resurfaced? Make sure you take plenty of pics of your build. We love to see that shit. Esp since there's a few Talon/Eclipse people on here
  • 10/14/2011
Originally posted by Car6on14
continued on my engine reinstall, hope to have everything finished this weekend...
What all did you recently complete? Swapped?
  • 10/14/2011
Originally posted by MoparDSM
Well, getting her ready for the install. Fresh from the machine shop!
Nice! That is one of the cleaner 4G engines I have seen in awhile! I couldn't tell from the pictures. Is that a 6 bolt or 7 bolt? What all did you do to the engine?
  • 10/14/2011
Spend my time driving home racing a Volkswagen in the rain xD And spent all day before that working on other cars, watching mine sit in the ran.
  • 10/15/2011
Originally posted by drxlcarfreak
Nice! That is one of the cleaner 4G engines I have seen in awhile! I couldn't tell from the pictures. Is that a 6 bolt or 7 bolt? What all did you do to the engine?
I am running on a 2g head on a 6 bolt block. Reasons why are somewhat outlined in my cam thread. I'm experimenting a bit with a velocity based build. The machine shop did a 3 angle valve job, cbn refinish, hot tank, and installed the goodies. Goodies being stock sized SS valves, bronze mag guides, 3g lifters, Manley SS valve springs w/ti retainers. It'll be running HKS 264/272 cams. I'm still somewhat undecided on the block internals. I have the option to go with a pseudo-oem build (going from the stock 7.8:1 compression to using .02 over 2g pistons at 8.5:1)... Or...the option I'm leaning toward...is forged pistons...Arias 8.8:1. The plan for the winter is to get the block squared away.
  • 10/15/2011
Originally posted by MoparDSM
I am running on a 2g head on a 6 bolt block. Reasons why are somewhat outlined in my cam thread. I'm experimenting a bit with a velocity based build. The machine shop did a 3 angle valve job, cbn refinish, hot tank, and installed the goodies. Goodies being stock sized SS valves, bronze mag guides, 3g lifters, Manley SS valve springs w/ti retainers. It'll be running HKS 264/272 cams. I'm still somewhat undecided on the block internals. I have the option to go with a pseudo-oem build (going from the stock 7.8:1 compression to using .02 over 2g pistons at 8.5:1)... Or...the option I'm leaning toward...is forged pistons...Arias 8.8:1. The plan for the winter is to get the block squared away.
Nice, that is always a good combination! I myself was looking for a 6 bolt block to begin playing with. After a few discussions on dsmtuners, it seems I would rather be safer than sorry getting a 7 bolt fully built to take a walk on me. What kind of boost levels are you looking for? I actually was looking for the lowest compression possible because I plan on eventually twincharging the engine, so I definitely can sacrifice the low end power in order to avoid low rpm detonation! Too bad the lowest forged pistons I could find are 8.2:1 compression ratio. I would say that if you are going to buy new pistons, I would just get forged ones and enjoy that piece of mind. I think forged are just a couple bucks more expensive than the stock pistons, plus you can choose your compression ratio (8.2, 8.5, 8.8, 9.0 and I think I even saw 9.5:1 CR).
  • 10/15/2011
Originally posted by Car6on14
continued on my engine reinstall, hope to have everything finished this weekend...
Car60n: What engine is that??
Reply To Thread