Register
Reply To Thread
  • 5/31/2012
Hey guys, my name is Mike. I was turned to the site by my buddy Matt who's living up in colorado and i have to say that so far so good, i like the layout. Anyways onto the cars; I have a 2001 supercharged/cammed/meth/ect cavalier Z24 that I track with; A 1999 cavalier Z24 convertible that i daily drive with a 2005 front end swap/lip kit; and a 1940 plymouth coupe that i'm restoring. The site seems pretty chill without a ton of arguments/pissing contests between differnt makes/models so i hope to meet a bunch of you guys and swap some knowledge
  • 6/1/2012
Originally posted by M2----
Hey guys, my name is Mike. I was turned to the site by my buddy Matt who's living up in colorado and i have to say that so far so good, i like the layout. Anyways onto the cars; I have a 2001 supercharged/cammed/meth/ect cavalier Z24 that I track with; A 1999 cavalier Z24 convertible that i daily drive with a 2005 front end swap/lip kit; and a 1940 plymouth coupe that i'm restoring. The site seems pretty chill without a ton of arguments/pissing contests between differnt makes/models so i hope to meet a bunch of you guys and swap some knowledge
Nice setups man. I didn't think too many people outside the DSM world liked meth injection! What are your plans with the Plymouth? Complete restore? Rat rod? Regardless its gonna be bad ass! There are no arguments because we all know which platform is the best! Haha jk.
  • 6/1/2012
Good day sir! Glad you like it so far man! I remember your Cavalier when it was just N/A... Ah those were good days! I am excited to see what you are gonna do with the Plymouth though! Hell ya dude lay some knowledge on us!
If you talk the talk, you better crankwalk the walk.
  • 6/7/2012
Originally posted by drxlcarfreak
Nice setups man. I didn't think too many people outside the DSM world liked meth injection! What are your plans with the Plymouth? Complete restore? Rat rod? Regardless its gonna be bad ass! There are no arguments because we all know which platform is the best! Haha jk.
Knowledgeable people use meth injection, however most people lack any automotive sense and drive hack-job ricers... I am definitely not one of them lol. The plymouth is basically getting a restored body but will have a little ratrod in it as well. I want to keep it pretty clean and simple but put some nice wheels, lower it, and shave some of the chrome. As for the engine i think i gonna ditch inline 6 and the three on the tree and go with a 350/ 5 speed combo. Saying it needs a lot of work is an understatement, luckily im a pretty good body man and have a shit ton of free time now that im on summer break from college
  • 6/7/2012
That sounds like good plans for the Plymouth! I would love meth injection on the Talon but if I do E85, it won't do much good. At least from the research I have done on the two together.
If you talk the talk, you better crankwalk the walk.
  • 6/7/2012
Originally posted by M2----
Hey guys, my name is Mike. I was turned to the site by my buddy Matt who's living up in colorado and i have to say that so far so good, i like the layout. Anyways onto the cars; I have a 2001 supercharged/cammed/meth/ect cavalier Z24 that I track with; A 1999 cavalier Z24 convertible that i daily drive with a 2005 front end swap/lip kit; and a 1940 plymouth coupe that i'm restoring. The site seems pretty chill without a ton of arguments/pissing contests between differnt makes/models so i hope to meet a bunch of you guys and swap some knowledge
Welcome to the site man! That 2001 sounds pretty damn awesome - especially on such a light platform, I be that thing takes off. Did you do the work yourself? As for the community - we're trying to create an environment of people that really enjoy all genres... I can say for one that this is where it's at and what we're pushing for. Keep it up man!
  • 6/7/2012
That is pretty awesome man. Good at body work? Sounds like I will need to fly you up to MD to help get all of my projects closed out! E85 and meth are a good combo Talon. It isnt used so much for the octane boost anymore, but you can always do precompressor injection to spool the turbo up AND make it act like a bigger turbo, and you can keep the sidemount because the meth/water post compressor will cool whatever the intercooler couldn't. Or heck, put a front mount on and get an even denser, cooler charge!
  • 6/8/2012
Originally posted by drxlcarfreak
That is pretty awesome man. Good at body work? Sounds like I will need to fly you up to MD to help get all of my projects closed out! E85 and meth are a good combo Talon. It isnt used so much for the octane boost anymore, but you can always do precompressor injection to spool the turbo up AND make it act like a bigger turbo, and you can keep the sidemount because the meth/water post compressor will cool whatever the intercooler couldn't. Or heck, put a front mount on and get an even denser, cooler charge!
Ah yes in that aspect water/meth and E85 are a good combo! I was thinking more along the lines of its uses with pump gas. Water/Meth makes a great "intercooler" lol! Yeah M2 is good with body work. I have seen a few of his projects before!
EDITED on 6/8/2012 : Making sure I am not a dumb ass.
If you talk the talk, you better crankwalk the walk.
Reply To Thread